October Goals

Monday, September 30, 2024

 


My goals for October got a little derailed with Hootie blowing an abscess. It's in the worst possible spot too. And the wild thing is that he was never lame. The day it burst he would shift his weight off that foot, but he never took a lame step. He's being given some additional time off before he starts working on getting back in shape. This means we cannot start the fall gymkhana that we wanted to do for fun on opening day, but maybe we can join later in the season. 

PopTart needs spinal x-rays, so that's our goal for this month for her. 

Karma is just continuing learning all the baby stuff. She's honestly so easy. I am sure at some point we'll find her point of resistance, but she is super agreeable. 

Disco is moving into some harder work under saddle. I'm helping my stepkiddo get her started. They're doing amazing, and I think they'll be a cute team.

Bash is moving at a snail's pace, but that's okay. I'm trying not to get impatient. He is just a little immature emotionally, and he gets freaked out about some things. We will just keep taking it slow, and we will move at a glacial pace if that's what he needs. Things like this are why I don't do outside horses and will not. If he was someone else's and they paid for 90 days they'd want faster results, and I believe that would be detrimental to him in the long run. 

As far as me, I'm working heavily on my mental game. I have some physical limitations that I am working on overcoming, and I am doing a fall equestrian fitness challenge. 

What are your October goals?




No comments

Post a Comment