HARD LUCK HORSES

Monday, May 20, 2024

 

Hard luck horses have my heart. 
.

I have always been involved in rescuing horses in some capacity. My first pony was a rescue, and I have always held a soft spot in my heart for horses that others throw away. 

.

I've thought for awhile that I should start a rescue. I was all set to do it. 

.

But I don't want to adopt them out. Once they're here they become mine, and the thought of not being able to assure their well being hurts my heart. I know that the point of rescues is to rehab and rehome, but that clearly will never be me. 

.

Maybe this means that I can't rescue as many or assure a good home for as many since the ones I do rescue have sanctuary here for the rest of their lives. But it means that for these ones, the ones that I do rescue and the ones that do finish their lives with me that I can provide them the best possible home. I can make sure they know love every single day, and the care that they deserve and need. 

.

It does get expensive, and we are not a charity nor do we ask for donations. However, we would happily accept some, especially items off our wish lists. But when I see them running and playing in the pasture happy and well fed it is worth it. 

.

To follow along on all the horse's adventures follow me on social media! Click here!


No comments

Post a Comment